We are opening opportunities for journalists, filmmakers, artists, dancers, singers, bloggers, illustrators, and photographers. By ‘cultural actors in need,’ we mean those individuals who were affected by the War in Ukraine, starting on February 24, 2022, when the Russian Federation invaded the independent state of Ukraine by engaging in a full-blow military operation on sovereign Ukrainian territory and could potentially have made a significant contribution to the development of Roma art and culture if not for the war.
The priority will be given to the Roma representatives and youngsters who are interested in such topics as: human rights, Roma culture and arts, situation of Roma people during the war in Ukraine, stereotypes and patriarchy . Any topic outside of the scope below can be considered for discussion as well.
With this call we would like to provide youngsters informational, institutional and financial support (up to 800 Euro per project) and encourage them to present their works and talent to the wide audience of our communication channels, platforms and partners organisations.
Timeline for Application
By September 18 Eastern European Time. The final announcement of selected candidates will be made by September 26, 2022. Selected candidates will need to be in constant contact with the project coordinator and provide work progress updates during weekly meetings. The final work submission will be discussed individually with the candidates depending on the topic and selected medium. The final submission date must be no later than November 13, 12:00 pm EET.
Eligibility and criteria
– applicant has to be citizens, or residents of Ukraine, priority will be given to Roma from Ukraine;
– applicant do not have an age limitation, but priority will be given to youngsters;
– applicant with a strong command Ukrainian and preferable good knowledge of English will have an advantage;
– applicant should connect their work to the topic of Roma communities and identity in Ukraine;
– applicant should deliver the work within the deadline established with the project coordinator;
– applicant will not be evaluated based on gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, culture, and/or physical disabilities;
– applicant has to agree foruse of the created project on the ARCA.YNGO and DJANES platforms.
-Project proposal with the realization plan at a maximum of one page (Max 500 words). Applicants can attach visual and audio examples of the project if applicable;
-Motivation letter (Max 300 words);
-CV and portfolio or links to previously created works (articles, visual and audio materials, bloggs, etc.);
-Budget break down for the project realization (maximum honorarium of 800 euros).
Please submit the following package of documents written in Ukrainian or English and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of the email, please write “Emergency help for Cultural Actors from Ukraine” In case of any additional questions please contact: email@example.com
Supported by the Youth Agency for the Advocacy of Roma Culture «АRCA» and European Roma Institute for Arts and Culture (ERIAC) in a framework of the “Support Roma People of Ukraine” fundraising campaign. Read more about the campaign at this link.